How have you been feeling recently? Is work getting too much? Has the pandemic had a big impact on you?
Perhaps the odd bottle of wine has ended up being multiple?
If you’re questioning yourself, or a loved one, it might be time to address these issues.
Have you noticed any of these signs and symptoms, in yourself or a loved one?
- Increased lethargy, depression or other emotional difficulties.
- A high tolerance for alcohol coupled with an increased quantity and frequency of use.
- Exhibiting signs of irritability and mood swings.
- Experiencing temporary blackouts or short-term memory loss.
- Friendship changes; someone with an alcohol problem may choose to surround themselves with others who also drink heavily.
- Avoiding contact with loved ones.
- Hiding alcohol or disguising drinking.
- Wanting to be in situations where alcohol is readily available and avoiding those where it isn’t.
- Professional or legal problems; you or a loved one may encounter conflict at work, or engage in risky behaviour.
If you’re reading this, you’ve already taken the first step. The next step is to talk to us. You can speak with our specialist team whenever is right for you and we will go at your pace.
We have a variety of different ways to get in contact with us, choose the one which you feel most comfortable with. This is simply a conversation with you about any questions or concerns you may have so that we can direct you towards the help you need. There is never any pressure to commit to anything.