1-2-1 therapy sessions are 50 minutes in length and are solicited by a trained addiction therapist. Each therapist has a unique way of structuring the sessions and our treatment advisors will select a therapist most suitable for the individuals needs and specific preferences. They use a range of techniques such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), trauma therapy and psychodynamic therapy.
The group support sessions (mentioned above) are held with no more than 10 people to allow for meaningful interaction and are an hour and a half in length.
Benefits of being in therapy can also include:
- Helping you feel empowered
- Empowering you to develop fresh insights about your life
- Learning how to make healthier choices
- Developing coping strategies to manage distress
- Helping improve communication skills
Some of the therapy models used are mentioned below